at Manila Teachers' Savings and Loan Association, Inc. (Metro Manila)
The Audit Assistant performs routine tasks in audit areas. He/she handles decisions in audit tasks assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Checks the day-to-day operational activities of the mutual benefit association in the Head Office such as:
• Monitoring of monthly company expenditures on gasoline, rental utilities, professional fees etc.
• Counterchecking of check disbursement vouchers, requests for payment, checks prepared and liquidation of cash advances
• Ascertaining the validity and correctness of all disbursements made.
• Assists the Human Resource Department in the checking of billing of manpower agencies and in reconciliation of payroll payables with payroll summaries and journal vouchers.
• Conducts periodic review of branches and extension offices operations in accordance with the audit programs including:
• Conducting of cash count of petty cash fund, cash collections and other cash accountability
• Examining the accuracy and completeness of prepared loan vouchers, check disbursement vouchers and abstract of collection
• Checking the reliability of all withdrawal transactions as well as the completeness of withdrawal slips and their supporting documents
• Preparing a summary of audit findings of tasks performed subject to review by the immediate supervisor
• Counterchecking and verifying the accuracy and reliability of financial information and other reports submitted by the branches and extension offices
• Conducting physical inventory of furniture, fixtures and equipment acquired by the branches and extension offices
• Prepares schedules and documents in conducting audit
• Files working papers of the Audit Department.
• Reviews and evaluates basic systems of internal control and ascertains the extent of compliance with control policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must possess a degree in Accountancy and a licensed CPA.
• Working experience within a complex financial services organization specializing in accounts receivables and property inventory is an advantage but not a requirement.
• He/she must be familiar with government reportorial requirements and able to handle accounting procedures in adherence with government laws.
• He/she must have good oral and written communication skills.
• He/she must have strong interpersonal skills.
• He/she must be persuasive to details and facts and highly organized.
• He/she must be able to handle sensitive and highly confidential information.
• He/she must be professional and works with the highest degree of integrity.
• Maintains the branch’s book of accounts. This involves recording, summarizing and posting of transactions in the related book of accounts.
• Verifies the accuracy of the entries made on various books of accounts by his/her assistant. This includes cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal voucher registers, etc. Monitors the accuracy and completeness of data received from extension offices for journalizing, recording and posting.
Recent jobs at Manila Teachers' Savings and Loan Association, Inc.