Legal and Compliance Manager
at Manila Teachers' Mutual Aid System, Inc. (Metro Manila)
Ensures the Association is in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the Company’s Standards of Conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes;
2. Reviews, designs, enhances existing policies and programs of the Association in relation to compliance functions;
3. Ensures timely submission of covered transaction reports to AMLC and facilitates periodic or annual training or orientation on Anti-Money Laundering,etc;
4. Coordinates with all units and departments on compliance matters on external and internal audit findings and recommendations.
5. Collaborates with the President & CEO in the monitoring of compliance activities to senior management’s directive;
6. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends;
7. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk,develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future;
8. Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance effort;
9. Reports any new relevant laws, rules and regulations, and jurisprudential developments that will likely affect the Association’s operation;
10. Responsible in the organization, implementation and direction of legal corporate activities of the company according to higher management directive in order to achieve business goals;
11. Reviews/drafts contracts and other legal documents;
12. Provides legal advice and assistance as needed; and,
13. Performs other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Association.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, with Accounting or Law background, preferably with professional license, e.g. Lawyer, CPA.
2. He/she must have comprehensive knowledge in statutory and regulatory requirements affecting the Association.
3. He/she must have good and effective communication skills, both written and oral, particularly in the context of delivering clear and concise recommendations and feedback.
4. He/she must have knowledge in banking operations both internal and branch operations.
5. He/she must possess strong analytical, management and problem solving skills.
6. He/she must have the ability to work effectively, under pressure, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of dynamic team.
7. He/she must be persuasive with details and facts.
8. He/she must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
9. He/she must have knowledge in computer applications.
10. He/she must have the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
11. He/she must be professional and work with the highest degree of integrity.
12. Has knowledge in SLA Operations.
Recent jobs at Manila Teachers' Mutual Aid System, Inc.